I'm tired early tonight.
I was in the studio for about 7 hours today, and I feel like I got almost nothing done. Aside from the 2 mind-numbing hours I spent carefully chipping the plaster out of a mold which should have just slid out to begin with, I spent 5 hours putting the final pre-firing details on a sculpture and putting feet on 2 platters. (A brief dinner break was in there as well.) 5 hours for this?? That's about twice as much time as it should have taken. I've noticed more and more lately, in the studio I have trouble multitasking. I'll catch myself, like popping out of a trance, just standing or sitting, staring off into space, and realize I've been planning out the details of pieces in my head. That's all well and good, necessary even, but it sure slows down the productivity. I did it a lot tonight. But 5 hours for cleanup and a couple of feet? That just won't do.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment