Wednesday, March 4, 2009
March 4, 2009 (63/365)
Dinner with K. tonight. He's writing a book on how to write screenplays for Hollywood. We talked at length on the content and theory of the book and the nature of screenwriting. It wasn't combative nor cooperative, but my role was providing perspective and alternate theories to explore. I could tell I was making him consider what it was he was writing rather than just assume he had it right the first time. (He may or may not have, but now he's thinking about it.) It reminded me very much of my days as a roleplaying game editor. It was a fulfilling feeling and made me realize I miss that job terribly. It's a shame the bottom dropped out of the gaming industry years ago. The circumstances at that time were ideal, of course, but I think I'd enjoy getting back into it. I also wonder if there's a market out there for a "writing assistant" ... not a co-writer or post-writing editor, but someone to keep a writer in check during the writing process.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment