Sunday, March 15, 2009

March 15, 2009 (74/365)

J. got a wake up call this year, and I'd probably feel bad for her if I wasn't the alarm clock. One year ago last Christmas, she was in the hospital with a fairly serious, weight-related condition. I supported her, encouraged, helped directly where I could, and played cheerleader. To no avail. She didn't care enough to make the necessary changes. (Sure she "cared," but her weight didn't change significantly. So draw your own conclusions.) One year later (this past Christmas) she was back in the hospital with related ailments, this time even more severe. This time, after another month in the hospital, she's taken aback by my standoffishness. I have a hard enough time bringing myself to take action without being slapped in the face by the feelings of futility and pointlessness. For Christ's sake, her life is threatened because she can't drum up enough motivation to lose weight. Why should I try harder than she's willing to... again. If I can't motivate her enough to fix her life, she needs to find someone who can. .....or let herself continue deteriorating due to "fear" and ambivalence. Just don't be mad at me for my lack of enthusiasm.

And thus I take one more step towards complete isolation.

No comments:

Post a Comment