Wednesday, March 11, 2009

March 10, 2009 (69/365)

L. is such a good girl. She works so hard, for long hours, and without complaint. Saving lives is a normal part of her daily work routine, and I can't imagine doing the things she does, but she's one of the best in the world at it. Most people have a gift for something ... a knack, a natural talent for it... whatever you want to call it. Most spend their lives looking for it. She's found hers. She makes me proud every day. At home, she works diligently, and even though she makes mistakes sometimes, she always has me in mind. We've had our rough spots now and then but always work through them. Even so, we're frequently out of synch these days. It makes me unhappy. I've grown more worried lately that I'm not good enough, and that's a dangerous mental place to be. I want to do something to make her life better, but right now I can't think of anything except removing me from it ...and she's made it very clear she believes that would not make it better. I disagree, but I would never put her through such pain. Still, I wish I could do something for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment