This is one of the parts of the freelance job I hate most... The waiting to see if the weeks of work are going to explode at the printers, making the client furious, and setting me back to square one on the project, or if I'll be the hero. "Hero or goat," as they say. I uploaded the book to the printer today. I'd hold my breath, but all I'd do is turn blue and pass out.
In other news, I noticed at lunch yesterday that sometimes I read the art magazines for the inspiration and sometimes I read them to admire other people's work. Strangely they are, in fact, mutually exclusive. Good lord, I don't want to have to read through that pile* twice.
*Seriously, it's a pile. I spent much of 2004-2006 deep enough in depression and more interested in TV and movies that I tossed 90% of them in a pile for "later." That's 5 magazines every month or two. You do the math. To my credit, this year I've torn the pile down from about 4' tall to about 2'.
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

... strange... and i am up late into the night, past doctor's orders... trying to find vincent's perspectograph.... and trying to find a way to hack into JStor on university library. Why is there a database of articles for scholars i cannot access?
ReplyDelete