Saturday, January 24, 2009

January 24, 2009 (24/365)

I've really been down on humanity lately. I'm not sure, but it probably has something to do with going out in public and being around people. Common sense has been replaced by irresponsibility. Courtesy has been replaced by entitlement. All within the space of a couple generations, and that's not good. This is the kind of evolution that will eventually lead to our self-destruction and, honestly, I'm not entirely sure humanity shouldn't just be put out of its misery. I'm not sure we, as a species, deserve to continue existing.

If I could just see some fairness in the world every day.... No, that's not accurate. If I could just see more fairness every day than I do injustice; if I could be surprised by someone's courtesy, honor, or selflessness more often than once every six months or so, I might change my mind and begin thinking perhaps we deserved to go on. But the odds of this are so mind-boggling, they verge on being simply impossible. And that's sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment