This will be an experiment and challenge to test my personal discipline and creativity by logging one journal entry every day of 2009. I've wanted to get back to writing; friends have encouraged, sometimes begged, me to get back to writing. Hopefully this will help that process flow more easily from the post-apocalyptic landscape of my brain. If the world at large gets some knowledge or enlightenment from this, so much the better. Drop me a line and let me know what you think.
Rule #1: This journal will NOT be some insipid masterbatory play-by-play of my daily minutia. Long or short, every entry will, at the very least, be something observational if not, hopefully, thoughtful. A lot of shit cycles through my head every day, and I think some of it deserves to hit a page instead of just evaporating into the cerebral aether.
Rule #2: I will log at least one entry every day* unless I am physically or situationally incapable of doing so. If I blow a day, I lose, and might very well dump this whole thing at that point and hang my head in shame. (Hence the testing of mental discipline.)
*A "day" for me is defined by the boundaries of when I go to sleep and wake up. It'll almost always run past 12:01am of the next day as I'm usually up til 3:00 or 4:00am. Deal with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment