Having friends who are "users"* is really a drain on my ego. They make more than casual contact only when they need something from me (which I always accommodate), and when getting together is important to me but not them, they bail out at the 11th hour 100% of the time. It's infuriating because it hurts and sad because I consider them my friends and get slapped in the face with the realization that we don't consider each other friends on the same level. Their excuses may be legitimate or not, but because the situation is important to me and not them, they don't bother making preparations/adjustments to their schedules to make it. If I didn't so desperately need people to help me keep my emotional balance, I'd [deletes something unnecessarily rude, instead choosing] just distance myself.
*A user in this respect is not drug related but someone who bases social interaction with others on what they can do for them, essentially, using them. It's not malicious, that's just how they're wired.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment